Tuesday, October 25, 2005

No sleep for the blog-ed (...or How I stopped worrying about sleep to post about fake blog worth and Apple)

Two interesting sites via BoingBoing:

How much is your blog worth? gives you a dollar value for your blog based on research on an AOL purchase of a weblog company and uses external links via Technorati as a measure of worth. Definitely fun and obviously flawed when this site is supposedly worth $4,516.32 and something say, oh, I don't know, Inkless Wells, is worth $0.00?! Anyways, BoingBoing is worth $9,386,606.58...that's a whole lot of Boing...err...Bling.

iPod + Christianity = iBelieve?! I don't even know if this is a satirical product on the Apple Cult or whether this is a serious product. It seems serious enough, and it scares the bejeezus out of me just the same. Must everything be turned into a cross?

On a related note, what is up with Apple problems with the iPod Nano and the Video iPod. Did they not test the durability of the Nano? And is anyone really going to watch videos on such a small screen? I'm sure Apple's not slipping, but these don't seem to be top-notch products that Apple's been known for...

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Steve Jobs claims the problems with the nano are related to a batch of them that was produced early, not with the entire design itself. Kinda like the first toonies I suppose.

blackhole said...

The way I see it, at some point you sacrifice, say, a stronger scratch-resistant coating for a slim design. For me, I blame it on part-design, part buyer recognition about what you're actually buying.