Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My self isn't slipping away

The path I walk now is a day to day struggle still. Particularly in social situations, my old self keep creeping back, and thoughts slowly insinuate itself back in. It is a difficult situation to want to let go while half of you still hold on to the loose threads. Everyday I try to fight it off and some days are certainly better than others. But there needs to be a solution to this. I can't afford to keep going the way I am going. I need to lose my self. That seems to be a workable solution. I don't know how it can be done. I am looking for guidance. Because going back to the way things were just makes the situation more and more difficult for myself. I didn't like who I was then. But slowly, it's creeping back into me.

And I worry.

2 comments:

Cameron Smith said...

I'm sure I can't know the entire story behind your post, however:

You say you need to 'lose yourself', but I count myself as just one of a group who I know would be very upset and unlucky to 'lose' a person we've all considered a good friend and a valued part of all our lives.

I also know I'm not the only person who likes this 'old self who keeps creeping back', and who kept that guy in his life not by accident.

Cameron Smith said...

Also, good to see the SCHMAC blog-ring is back up to 75% of capacity