Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Away from my desk

It's been a good 2 or more weeks since I've posted. I didn't realize how busy it would be with one class for this term. Yes, you heard me right. It's strange how a lot of the classes that aren't for credit (auditing, TAing, etc.) are taking up so much of my time, and all of them are front-ended up to Reading Week. It's bizarre and inconvenient, to be sure.

The term's shaping up to be what I expected, which is hardly a surprise. Restarting my thesis was like turning the crank on the old car engines of yore. It takes a few tries, and sputters out once in a while. As for everything else, everything shifts, but nothing really changes. relations change but stay the same. Everything is in flux, like everything else, so I'm really not contributing anything new here.

There are lots of stories to tell out there, and I'm sure there are gems buried in my Bloglines (which must be piling up links of its own), it's allowing myself the time to go through it that's the problem. The world changes, but I'm not keeping up with what's going on, and that bothers me.

But I have a giant Toblerone and the complete Calvin and Hobbes Collection by my computer. I guess that'll do for comfort...Til next time...which will actually be soon.

No comments: