Saturday, February 19, 2005

In Cryptic City, nothing is what you know

Off I go back into posts where nothing really makes sense unless you're directly inside my head, because these are the times when I inadvertently return to Cryptic City and everything's changing without an explanation. That's what makes this place so great: everytime I return, it changes into something unfamiliar, so it's always somewhat of a surprise.

Having been away since my wrong turn at Alberquerque, I thought I had found road less traveled...the sun's shining and the top's down on this baby. Then I hit this patch of fog that came out of nowhere and it just starts pouring. I barely had a chance to get the top back up but it didn't matter. I was soaked and so was the interior. It didn't let up either. When my windshields couldn't get any cleaner, I somehow hit the city limits and next thing I know I am posting from an internet cafe off the main street before my next assignment.

But this has a place in my heart. Whenever nothing out there makes sense, I end up here where it's just as confusing, but I at least understand the confusion. It's the meeting point for contradictions, and there's nowhere else quite like it...

Oh, what's my assignment you ask? To figure out how to how to communicate in the dark, how to make words tangible and to look for the missing link. Yeah, what is up with that? I seriously have to stop agreeing to these jobs.

No comments: