Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Ummm...I'll be Liberal Party Leader.

So...Frank McKenna, John Manley and Brian Tobin, Liberal heavyweights all, have said that they will not be running for the Liberal leadership. Obviously, that's generated buzz in various circles, a good one being from Paul Wells.

Since no one really wants to be Liberal Leader, I'm more than willing to consider the position. I only have a Master's thesis to work on, I'm sure I can run the party in my spare time when I'm not studying or marking. How about it, Matt, want to throw your hat in or be my Campaign Manager?

On a more serious note, Canadian pundit heavyweights (another bunch of 'em), Wells, Potter, Coyne and Cosh, have started a campaign to convince Stephane Dion to run. This definitely needs some serious consideration by all.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

If Dion runs, I would consider "joining" the Liberal party, just so that I could vote for him in the leadership race. That's how much I like him.

Dion would be a great Prime Minister.

Anonymous said...

We can re-start the Chanpaign! Do it Calvin, forget your Green leaning and join the sinking..I mean "winning" team!!
If a former environment minister becomes the leader of the federal liberals I may have to quit school and become a professional groupie.
Dion is the new Anderson!