Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Missing the Pierre Berton Train

Tons of stories have flooded the airwaves commemmorating the life and works of Pierre Berton, the author and commentator who died recently. While this has affected many people around me, I am not so moved.

This is because I have never to date read any of his works. It's not that I hate the man or anything, but I've just never been exposed to him. And from what I gather, he seems to write alot about the Canadian experience, a topic that I find fascinating. And yet, here I am, completely ignorant about his influence on our view of Canadian history. Well, I guess that goes on my list of things to do as a Canadian.

#875: Read Pierre Berton

Ok. right. good thing I've worked so hard at whittling that list down.

1 comment:

Etymologica said...

Start with The National Dream and The Last Spike, in that order. Right away.