Wednesday, April 27, 2005

First shot's across the bow

I was walking to campus today and bumped into a friend who was packing up and moving out now that she'd finish her last exams of her undergraduate career. And for the first time, I felt a bit sad that I may not see these friends ever again. It was a strange feeling. I graduated last year and yet I didn't get the same sense of nostalgia and longing, probably because I knew I'd be back this year and I still knew several people who'd still be around.

But now that they're leaving, it's starting to dawn on me that the curtain call's coming and that I've a year before I leave my comfort zone that is Kingston and Queen's University. Next year's going to be a bit stranger, as more strange faces arrive without the familiar ones returning. Does it mean that I actually have to grow up now?

No comments: