Thursday, April 21, 2005

Quick Comments (there are such things)

- No one should be surprised that the Catholic Church elected a conservative Pope...really, it's the Catholic Church, people, the same folks who brought you ruler-carrying nuns...

- The Liberal Party ship is sinking hard and fast. The question remains, how much wreckage will be left after the election and will tomorrow night's national address be an air pocket of hope or a new gaping hole in the hull?

- After Dennis Miller's appearance on Jon Stewart tonight (April 20, 2005), I gotta ask: If I get him to defend his rep and talk about the environment long enough, will his head explode to shower us with Libertarian candy?

- What is the point of Cogeco Cable telling me I can sign up for their services online when all it will do is get a Cogeco phone drone to tell me that I HAVE TO visit their customer centre (which moved from 30 feet from my house to 3 kilometres?) to sign up. And this is the service rep TELLING ME THIS. I mean, seriously, why would they actually not use the service that they're providing to others to run their own business? And what is that saying about the product that they're providing me?

No comments: