Tuesday, July 05, 2005

And in other news...

1) Be thankful that the worst that can happen TO teachers here is be on strike or be fired...

2) Realistically, I think the government of Nova Scotia should buy it. On the other hand, if I owned it, I think I'm not only going to find treasure, but the budget surplus as well...

3) This is for Andria...they found a new species of Dolphin! Well...not quite. They've always been there. We just figured out that they were genetically divergent from another related species.

4) Frivolous lawsuit #9,453,056...(I've lost count...):A Russian astrologist is suing NASA in Russian court for 300 MILLION DOLLARS. She believes that crashing their probe, Deep Impact, into Comet Tempel 1 will endanger humanity becuase the comet MAY alter course towards Earth (yep, and I MAY hold my breath when it happens, but I ain't gonna...) and that by affecting the comet in any way, it will affect HER life and cause her "moral trauma"...if only you could actually laugh these cases out of court...

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Pssh. Teachers in Canada can't be fired.

And, while they don't need to carry guns, I think you'd find they can face some pretty stressful, dangerous, and depressing situations in their day-to-day work.