Sunday, May 08, 2005

He's got a fat wallet, damn!

First the Atlantic Accord, then Saskatchewan and the 5 billion dollar deal with Jack Layton, now comes another 5 billion dollar handshake between Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty and Prime Minister Paul Martin.

Seriously, if PM Martin had this much money to spend, why didn't he commit these funds in the budget in the first place. Show some guts, some principles, anything! Now all it shows is that if you want him to pony up cash for whatever project you have, all you have to do is bitch, complain and threaten to seccede from Confederation.

Hmm, come to think of it, I need some cash for my tuition next year. I wonder if I can annex my apartment like in Family Guy...

"I claim this 900 sq. ft of carpet in the name of Calvinia!"

Update: May 10, 2005 9:48pm
Evidently, I was incorrect in my rant. Saskatchewan's prairie fields haven't been showered with 5 dollar bills yet. But soon, as there are talks about the premier gearing up to talk with PM Martin. On the other hand, veterans are getting 1-billion dollars to aid in their transition from service to civilian life. This, through an agreement between the four party leaders as they were flying back from V-E day commemoration ceremonies. I've obviously nothing against this package, but merely to note that this is another in a series of massive payouts to various parties as the Liberal government bogs down further into irrelevance (though once you're into irrelevance, there's really no further irrelevance...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Republic of Morrisonia would definitely still trade with you...