Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Mayflies

I don't know what convergence of environmental factors caused the recent mayfly explosion in Kingston, and I would seriously be interested in knowing, but something needs to happen to kill all these sons of bitches. They don't bite so it's not a big problem, but they're seriously irritating. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. You can not walk one step outside of Kingston without eating one in your mouth or finding one in your ear. It's just gross.

Last week I found a made-for-TV movie flipping through channels about bioengineered locusts attacking the US landscape, eating crops, killing people, etc. so much so that they wanted to use VX gas on them. I think I could totally pitch a movie with mayflies instead. They're already swarming and infesting everywhere as it is (When they start covering a minivan or my front door, it's seriously a problem) and all the plot would need is some extra zinger, like, they carry the West Nile Virus, SARS, or herpes or something as they infest Kingston first and then move across the country...

Yeah, it's probably not my best idea. At best, it'll end up HERE.

Update: May 8, 2005 11:25pm
Mea Culpa: So apparently I've been going around telling everybody about the crazy mayfly infestation when I should've been telling people about the midge infestation. I don't have to hand in my biology degree for that mistake, do I?

No comments: