Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Stupid Politics

PM Paul Martin actually had to call a 'truce' so that our government (and other political parties) could be represented at ceremonies commemorating our efforts to liberate the Netherlands, and only after missing most of the week's events. Has politics become so lacking in honour and respect that none of the opposition parties were willing to, on their own accord, let the Liberal government perform its duty in honouring our veterans in the Netherlands by sending representatives (like, I don't know, the PM) without political repercussions? Frankly, reps from all parties should have been there from the get-go. I would have thought, oh, I don't know, that the Canadian public would understand, even appreciate, the parties appealing to something greater than their own political victory, by attending these ceremonies...

I'd think that, but I'd be wrong...or I'd be right but only after being shown how stupid they were by our WWII vets. Brownie points for all the parties.

No comments: