Saturday, August 19, 2006

Another piece of childhood down the drain

I remember days back when I was a kid when I would watch Street Cents, a half-hour commercial affairs TV show produced by the CBC that was targeted to kids and teens. And NO, I didn't watch it because of Jonathan Torrens...

While it wasn't groundbreaking, to me, it just seemed like a useful show to have around, like an encyclopedia. You never know when the product they test will actually help you decide on a purchase (Fave test: Nalgene water bottle. They had to drop a completely filled bottle off something like a 8 storey building for it to smash in half).

So it's with some sadness to hear that the CBC is cancelling the show because of dwindling youth audience. While I don't fault them for their decision, it's still sad to see a staple of MY CBC mythos disappearing.

Maybe they could turn it into a vlog or something. Something useful like this shouldn't just be dropped into the dustbin of cancelled shows...

2 comments:

Simon said...

I remember that show! I actually can't believe it lasted this long. The rest of the "classic" shows have gone already.

blackhole said...

Out with the old, in with the new, isn't that what they say?

Though frankly, what they say sometimes sound pretty stupid.