Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A racket through and through.

Let's say I'm playing high-stakes poker with a couple of mobsters. I take most of their money but on the last hand I get caught dealing from the bottom of the deck. Now, at this point, they're... probably slightly miffed about what I've done. I'm likely going to be taken out back and shot. Instead, I plead with them a little, give them back their money and my money and they decide to let me leave with my life. I whine a bit more and they even agree to let me keep MY money.

Sounds ridiculous, right?

Well, so's AC Milan playing in Champions League.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

So, in this analogy you're AC Milan and the mobsters are the Italian FA?

Doesn't seem quite right to me. Certainly the comparison of the Italian FA to mobsters works, but the analogy in its entirety isn't quite right. Not quite, because, I am increasingly convinced there is corruption and deal making behind going on in the way the Italians are handling this. All the big clubs and the Italian association are still in it together attempting to give the appearance of dealing with the scandal while minimizing the punishment for the cheaters involved. Domestic Italian soccer is a disgrace. I hope the Spanish, Enlgish and German clubs kick their asses for the next decade in UEFA competitions.

blackhole said...

I guess I would have to amend my analogy to include the fact that I belonged to a rival mob or something...