Sunday, September 12, 2004

Crossing the Causeway and other thoughts

The Hip concert's today! I can't wait, I'm so stoked. Semi-full review will be forthcoming, because I'm meeting people at 2pm so we'll likely miss Chris Koster and James McKenty and the Spades, which is too bad because I hear they're pretty good. I hope that I'll be able to make it before the Sadies start because I know they and the rest of the lineup will be very very good. The most anticipated band for me besides the Hip will be the Hugh Dillon Redemption Choir. I'm excited to see what kind of sound this band will put out and the quality of the music compared to his previous offering, the Headstones. As long as the rain gods hold off their party, this will be really fun.

Speaking of which, though this post would've sounded better had blogger not lost the original, but as I'm sitting comfortably in Kingston typing this, those in Kingston, Jamaica are reeling from the onslaught of Ivan and its category 4 to category 5 winds of up to 155mph. They're not the only ones though, as it's already passed through Grenada, on its way to the Caymans, Cuba and probably Florida, just they're picking up the pieces from Frances. So I think I need to help assist these people in some way.

Which also got me thinking this morning as I was originally typing this half-awake. I wondered about my motives behind this act insofar as why these people are more deserving of my help than any others? And are they? Is it just because of its timing with the Hip concert? Does it make the act any less worthwhile? I know where it begins but where does it end? Not a complaint but a question? I would trot out standard philosophical rebuttals, but I'm a bit rusty on those and who said it.

In any case, this way to help those being battered by
IVAN.

No comments: