Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I declare the blog open

Having slept the good sleep last night I feel slightly better enough to add a post this morning before having to figure out the rest of my courses and such.

The View From In Here is an experiment of sorts. Some who know me may not actually know me that well mainly because I'm a pretty private person even when I don't act like it (particularly when I've been drinking...). I've kept many thoughts to myself and while a lot of times that is probably a good thing, I've felt that may have narrowed my perspective more than it should be and stagnated my debating and critical thinking skills.

Thus, this is my outlet. It is time to expand the vantage point from where I'm standing. There is no particularly format I will be adhering to. I will post about anything of interest or controversy. At times, I will make my feeling about a topic plain, and it is up to you, the reader, to call me on it if I'm wrong (Matt, this is assumed with you).

While the Health care summit is currently under way, I've unfortunately been unable to keep up to speed on recent events. Some humourous analysis, though, is provided HERE and HERE

If I end up reading a lot on it, I may comment; otherwise, I may just jump over this hurdle and onto the next major political event: The Race for the American Presidency.

Now that I've used up too much time writing this blog, it's time to get down to some serious work.

No comments: