Sunday, September 05, 2004

I spent my saturday afternoon by...

How would you complete this sentence? I completed it by building various vehicles and building out of Lego. And I'm not talking about the current sets with the all too specialized pieces. I'm talking about the original square and rectangular pieces that allowed you to build police stations and airports but also gave you the latitude to build wicked spaceships and robot invaders!

Pictures will be forthcoming, but needless to say, my friend Matt and I had a glorious time constructing these various vehicles. Granted we became 9-year old boys and built every vehicle with weapons and such, but still, it was a grand ol' time. It was nice to play with these old childhood toys of mine one last time before I give them away to a teacher friend (obviously there was a reason why they were out. I don't just bust out lego to play in my apartment when I'm going to be a Masters candidate).

It was nice to be nostalgic about these simple building blocks that gave me such joy then and still do now. I'll be more content letting them go now.

On a sidenote, Matt also did a nice cityscape on his etch-a-sketch. Definitely an 80's toy moment for us both on Saturday.

No comments: