Friday, September 17, 2004

End of week one

Thank god for the weekend!

The end of week one as a grad student has finally arrived and I'm much relieved. Information and reading overload was definitely the theme of the week. But it's over so I can regroup and form a new plan of attack. I also have much of next week to catch up on my readings so that will be handy (note to self: procrastination= BAD!).

Lots of events this week, with the re-opening of Alfie's as a classy lounge (which I hope to be patroning tonight) and the Terry Fox Run on Sunday, my weekend's filling up. Hopefully I'll be able to intersperse those moments with readings (though I think the way it's supposed to work effectively is have it the other way around...)

I've started to find connections with some of my classmates (some more than others) which is a good thing. It just means I've to work harder with all the rest.

It's also strange to be a TA. I've now to set up office hours and such and answering students' requests (look at me, students. I'm still one!)

All in all. A jam-packed week. Now to see what week 2 has in store...

No comments: