Thursday, September 30, 2004

Apropos, no?

This all began when I signed up for Journalists for Human Rights at Clubs Night (which, unfortunately, forgot to attend the first meeting...). Anyways, Of course, Matt and I are joking about the fact I joined the club, casually mocking me, "but you're not a journalist, nor do you believe in human rights!" Ha Ha, I bet you're all laughing now. But it was funny to us.

Then we took the joke further and said, "We should come up with a club ourselves, something that's the complete antithesis of the Journalists for Human Rights." We began with "Club for censorship and Totalitarians" but that didn't quite fit. We talked a bit on the street and ended up with "Club for Censorship and Cruelty." In a moment of clarity, I quipped, "No, it should totally be the 'Club for Censorship, Cruelty and Punishment!"

For those who still aren't sure where I'm going with this, Our 'club' acronym becomes CCCP. It's funny how that worked out. I wonder if Khruschev will be our club's secretary?

No comments: