Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Quotes of the night

Here are two very blog-worthy quotes for two completely different reasons:

First off, we have, courtesy of maderblog, a story about Taiwanese legistators in a heated debate that spills over into a massive food fight, all the while being shown live on local television. As one legislator remarked,

"My whole body smells like a lunch box!"


Secondly, we have the ending clips of the Daily Show's "Moment of Zen," depicting an exchange between the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Rev. Jerry Falwell. In discussing terrorism and Bush's policy to go after terrorists, Jerry Falwell enthusiastically endorsed the President to hunt them down and,

"chase them all over the globe...blow'em all away, in the name of the Lord."

Now, I may not be a practicing Catholic anymore, or, well, a practicing anything, but last I checked the Bible, Jesus wasn't such a fan of the killings and the bloodshed. Something about cheeks and forgiveness, I can't quite remember what. You'll have to excuse me, I'm a little rusty. If the J-man's up there right now, I wonder how pleased he is of Falwell to use his name like that?


I'm going back to work, like the heathen that I am.


No comments: