Monday, October 11, 2004

With Friends Like These...

I just spent the evening catching up with two really good friends and it made me realize how important they are to me and how much I appreciate their friendship. Not that I don't appreciate any of the new friends I've made in the last 4 years, because I do immensely, but being able to pick up a conversation with people I hadn't seen in 4 months or a year (whichever the case it may be) like it was old hat (old cliche, I know) just raises the comfort level that much more and gives me a great big bushel of joy...

In a related story during one of those conversations, we discussed a housemate whose expectations of student living far exceeds any I could imagine (or she has a giant stick up her ass, but I can't confirm or deny). In any case, this has caused me to reflect on how lucky I've been the last three years and this year in terms of picking awesome housemates who can get along and are of like mind in terms of house responsibility. No fights, fuss, or arguments. We all have a good time and keep the health inspectors away. It also makes me think about my situation next year, whether I will live with people I know or complete strangers, which would throw off my comfrot level completely. But that's months away and frankly not worth my time right now to ponder seriously.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all

1 comment:

Cameron Smith said...

That bond with old friends never ceases to amaze me either. I didn't keep any kind of touch with many people from high school, but the ones I do keep in touch with are all just like that.

Like yours, my housemate experience has been incredibly positive too & sometimes I forget how lucky a thing that really is.

cheers to homies