Thursday, November 18, 2004

Talking

It's funny how much I enjoy being interrupted by people I know walking down the street or sitting in the JDUC and end up talking to them for any amount of time.

For the most part, it can be nothing more than a greeting and a few brief words about the most current events of one's life to a long drawn out conversation about life, the universe and everything. But this is the best part of my life, this social interaction with friends. For those moments, the world outside doesn't matter. I'm not focused on my schoolwork, my marking or what I'm having for dinner tonight. Jon Stewart's not on my mind, nor the latest in Canadian politics.

I just sit back and absorb their life stories, and laugh and cry and empathize with them. I enjoy watching their facial expressions change with each passing moment, that this is me living my life. And it feels good.

Havin been immersed with the barest of post-modern thought and theory, I can say for certain that at right now, this makes me feel good.

I would write more except I'm being sent electrical signals that it's dinner time. And I'm thoroughly enjoying the new Green Day album, but that's neither here nor there.

No comments: